I use Coconut Green Chutney pretty much with everything. My favorite dishes with which I use are sandwiches, idli, Dosa, Upma, etc. It is easy to make and delicious to taste.
Takes less than 5 minutes to make it.
- A big smile
- 1 cup Coconut Grated (i use frozen coconut available in Indian stores)
- 2 tbsp Roasted Chana Daal
- 2-3 Green Chilies
- 1/2 inch Ginger Chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- 1-2 slice of bread
- 1 tbsp Urad Daal
- Blend coconut, chana dal, green chilies, ginger, coriander, bread in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Use very little water to blend the chutney.
- Temper it using oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, and urad dal.
- Pour the tempering over the chutney and then mix well
- Mix the tempering with the chutney.
The reason why I have used bread is to bring it to a good consistency. But you can make it without bread too,
Many people like to make the chutney in batches and store it for months. But in my experience, any chutney that uses coconut cannot be stored for a long time as it starts tasting very unpleasant. I always make a fresh batch of chutney that lasts for 4-5 servings.
Hope you enjoy it.